Taco salad is a family friendly and reasonably healthy quick dinner. If you are feeling fancy you can make your own guacamole, salsa, and steak marinade. If you are pressed for time, use jarred versions of all the above. Either way you can't go wrong with grilled steak (or chicken, fish, shrimp, or tofu also work), crisp romaine, salsa and fresh summer corn! Enjoy!
1.5lb Flat Iron Steak
1 pack Frontera Steak Seasoning
1 head of romaine rinsed and chopped
1 avocado cubed
2 ears of corn (kernels removed from cob)
1 cup of tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 lime juiced
1 cup of cilantro chopped
1 tablespoon of chili or fajita seasoning or mix your own with equal parts salt, cumin, chili power, and garlic or onion powder.
Additional optional ingredients: sour cream, guacamole, tortilla chips, fresh or pickled jalapeño, hot sauce, canned pinto or black beans, cotija or grated Mexican cheese.
2 - 24 hours prior - Submerged your steak in frontera steak marinate and place in fridge.
30 minutes prior to serving - Remove steak from refrigerator
1. In a cast iron pan with a small drizzle of oil, or on an outdoor grill cook your steak to your preferred level of doneness. We like medium-medium rare which is about 5 minutes on each side in a medium high heat pan or grill. Remove and let rest.
2. Next wash and chop all your veggies.
3. Make your salsa
4. Toss your chopped romaine with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1/2 of your chili seasoning plus 1 cup of your fresh salsa.
5. Top your romaine with your veggies + any additional ingredients you chose to use (listed above).
6. Thinly slice your steak about 1/4 inch slices against the grain. Top your salad with the steak and sprinkle the entire dish with your remaining chili seasoning. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and some chopped cilantro and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?