> Side Dishes
> Roasted Root Vegetables
The perfect go-to side dish for any fall or winter meal. Easy to mix and match and use what is in season.
- 3 pounds assorted (or any one of the following) root vegetables: carrots, parsnips, celeriac, potatoes, turnips, Jerusalem artichokes etc.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped rosemary, thyme or parsley, plus more for garnish
- Heat oven to 425°F.. Wash vegetables and cut into 1- to 2-inch chunks; put them in a baking pan and toss with the oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetables in the oven and roast without stirring for 20 minutes, then check. If they look dry and are sticking to the pan, drizzle with more oil. Return the pan to the oven for another 20 to 40 minutes, until crisp.
- Optional: add 1/2 of your fresh herbs during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh herb of choice (optional).
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?